Saturday 16 January 2016

My Happy Place.


Inspiration has finally arrived during this grey day in January.

Today I have become inspired to write about "My Happy Place".  This place I speak of is pretty much summed up in two words Unique Works.

Unique Works design studio originated while I was in Red Deer Alberta during some of my most test filled times. It was during these times when I chose mostly be in the company of my dearest friend, nature.
Ma nature has and will always be my most steadfast of friends.
Twas when I was a child that I first met her. She and I spent a lot of time together along with my twin sister and other childhood friends.

As I write today so many childhood memories come flooding back within the realms of my brain. My twin and I spent times together catching tadpoles, chasing garter snakes in the grass, swimming, skipping, climbing trees, and last but not least of all picking flowers. All the best of the best natural fun found growing up in the fifties and the sixties.

Being surrounded by flowers became a passionate affair. Little did I know that this love affair I speak of would become, my chosen career of becoming a professional floral designer.

Becoming a floral designer was only the beginning of my personal career journey. Floral designing  then branched out towards teaching within the private and public sectors which then lead to a natural transition of creating Unique Works design studio. It was during this time that I found another passion, my attraction to mostly the old and sometimes forgotten  items mixed in with natural products.  Old windows, rusty bits, old doors, barn wood just to name a few.

Present day Unique Works are found mostly on my Facebook page and in our yard but will soon to be re-surfacing as an operating design studio and workshop facilitator.

In the meantime I will continue my days working on re-inventing myself. Applying what I have learned so far along with all of my recored and saved researched files. Unique Works is a huge part of my self-proclaimed love affair with nature which will aways be woven and entwined within my soul.

So until we meet again I will keep you posted.


Rustic bench...


PEACE OUT!!!
Patty J.










No comments:

Post a Comment