Wednesday 19 October 2016

We are all creative!

After many months of silence due to writers block and another busy construction season on our Earthship (off grid home) I finally have a topic to go on about.

It's all about being creative within your own home. I'm not just talking about how to organize and decorate your nest. I'm referring to my own very personal journey towards being self sufficient enough to continue on with what and who I am. This, for me, encompasses earning a living teaching and creating practical indoor as well outdoor items using a combination of nostalgic memorabilia, some refer to as junk, natural gifts from Mother Nature and last but not least some additions of replicated items of the past newly created in order to move ones heart strings linked with fond memories of growing up.

Wow I know quite a serendipitous gathering of words to describe my passion, simply put ... the joy of being creative ...

Mother Natures Shadow Box.

Homemade rag rug.

Dream market venue.
The first image Mother Natures Shadow Box was discovered while on line for inspiration. I have seen this type of shadow box before. But this example really inspires me to make my own. For a special spot in our home or for a unique gift for a friend.

The second image I shared above is an example of rag rug weaving. I created this rag rug from weaving yards of bed sheets. One can also replicate this beauty with old clothing, table cloths any fabric really. Bed sheets are my favourite as i have not used flat sheets for years so for practicality sake it was time to recycle my collection of flat sheets into these rugs.

Third image as described is an example of a crowd pleasing way to transport and display all my creations at local framers markets. Dream market venue. I totally see this within my future.

During our off season away from our house project I dive into scanning the web for inspirational ideas. I then store them away for those many grey winter days, that are the norm here in the Kootenays. My goal for this coming winter is to work diligently towards building my inventory for 2017 and the many markets that are offered within my area. 

In the meantime I visualize meeting more and more like minded creative folks. The best blessings arrive within our lives during those times when we least expect meeting new people and their ideas. 

So attention all artisans out there pursue your dreams within the huge world of creativity and when you are inspired by an idea take some time to do some homework, surround yourself with positive people, believe in yourself and your dreams, and the blessings will certainly visit you.

 Time to believe, create and teach!!!

PEACE OUT !!! Patty J.


1 comment:

  1. This is the type of information I’ve long been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information.

    nature soft

    ReplyDelete