Saturday 16 June 2018

Stop and smell the flowers...

Hello to all and happy June 2018.

Yes I am finally back online. So here goes new stories to tell and share.

There has been some changes up here at Earthship Pavo Natura. Some of the best changes involve something that is very close to my heart, gardening.

My smallish gardens include the first wee Pavo garden found within the fenced off yard. As well as the Pallet Garden. Some plants in both gardens are finally showing signs of maturity. The next images are plants found in the Pallet Garden.

Yellow Iris finally blooming

Yellow Iris...

Second year of Concord Grape...
These plants continue to show signs of continued growth which is oh so wonderful.

First sign of a Daylily...

Healthy and lush Raspberry plants...
The Raspberries are huge this year. The yellow Daylily is petite but of so precious.

As the seasons come and go I discover new ways of tending all the plants that have established. These discoveries have surfaced for the following reasons. Patience, research, meeting local gardeners and, for me, the most important, letting go of any fears of going outside the box with new and unique ideas. 

The planting of new babies has been a success even without the constant access to running water. Reason behind this is totally due to a cooler Spring with very much appreciated rain that we can catch off of our small Pavo roof. I have also discovered that I have no false expectations of constant success within the gardens up here. Label reading with any new plants is advised of course but I am discovering that most plants do best in their correct zones and along the way I continue learning tips to baby along any new species within these gardens.

Another tip when establishing a new garden is to reach out to friends that are gardeners just to see if they may have an over abundance of perennials in their gardens. Also I have discovered a gardening group located within my surrounding community full of gardeners who either sell or give away extra perennials. Forging is another way to create very wild yet natural gardens and I am surrounded by many species of wild plants that I carefully dig up and transplant. 

Gardening is my form of peace and creativity which is found just outside my front door. Feeling really blessed.

My hope is that anyone that reads this blog entry is having a creative and successful gardening year, and remember to "stop and smell the flowers".

PEACE OUT!!! Patty J.

No comments:

Post a Comment