Saturday 27 January 2018

Almost Spring...


Several weeks ago the weather totally teased us with thoughts of Spring. Today we're back in the depths of winter. The snow continues to fall as does the added chores of wood chopping, snow removal and water collection. Honestly the reality of how cruel this white season can be makes for many challenges especially when one chooses  to live a modest lifestyle. When I say modest I mean living in a smallish home without the usual luxuries such as running water and constant heat. Both of which, until moving here, I really took for granted.

So until the earthship home is completed these on going realities are a part of this journey. The chores will always be a part of life here but will be somewhat minimize once the move is made into the new home.



Future home.



The first winter here the road out was snowed in with no way of getting out until the tractor tires were set up with chains. Needless to say after one week of being snowed in the groceries and water were dwindling. Thanks to the generosity of a neighbour I was able to catch a ride into town and replenish the groceries etc. Four years later being snowed in does not present a panic situation. Interesting how one adapts.


Best investment ever.

As this winter heads closer to spring I have continued to make my rag rugs and create willow baskets. Other new creative projects I have tackled include teaching myself how to make dream catchers as well as some air dried clay beads etc. What better time then now to be learning new and interesting things.


Finished a rag rug for a client.



Custom hand made egg basket.



Custom hand made gathering basket.

Hand made clay beads keeping some small lady bugs company.








So in closing I continue to work on my crafts, work on some new ideas for the garden and occasionally check out how many days till Spring, 51 more days to go.

So until I write a new blog entry stay safe, happy and warm. From one adventurer to another, stay true to your dreams even though the road can have some obstacles.

PEACE OUT!!!  PattyJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment