Wednesday 18 February 2015

Sparkly things!

Creative bottle design...
If I believed in reincarnation I would have to say that I was a bird, specifically a crow. Now you may wonder why I have started my story today with this reference? I once heard a tale of how crows adore all things sparkly, so today I have chosen to talk about my kind of sparkle, with possibly a mixed review from  a crows perspective thrown into the mix just to add some creative narrative. Oh okay you just caught a glimpse at how off beat and yes creative my mind can go sometimes.
Okay so here it is. I first of all find myself suddenly feeling a waft of happiness. As I begin to write about all things that sparkle with the added gift of light, from the sun. I am simply grateful to be able to see, dream then create all things possible.
Ironically the Earthship concept incorporates the use of colored glass in specific areas within her bones. Today I chose from my earthship/sparkly file a few images just to show you a beginning glimpse of the many ingredients that are mixed together within this our chosen style of off grid homes. Now yes I have certainly put the cart before the horse by showing you this part of what we will be creating, as we can only begin this step once the doors are on, but I just had to share with you today how utterly excited I am with this one of many creative stages of our up and coming build.
Of course by nature I tend to go off track when anything creative surfaces within my mind so the risk taker surfaces as I begin to color outside the lines when contemplating our first build together.

All for the love of all things that sparkle...I am sure I could find a place for this little colorful creation.
 This picture of glass beads could be hung in one of the many south facing windows. My cats would love this.

Blue bottles are beautiful!
 As you can see any attempt of using all things sparkly is wonderfully unique. The upright use of soft blue bottles with an almost a bubble look of white bottle ends is very creative.


Absolutely one of my favorite earthships...check out the BBC show Grand Designs Underground House found in Brittany!
As I mentioned before once the time arrives to even begin to layout then design any bottle walls found within an earthship home (or any other style of shelter) there have been many hours of labor involved up until this part. Just look at those tires below the long line of windows.
But I just can't help myself to begin with the bright and colorful ingredients. Its just like when you are making chocolate chip cookies you have to eat some of the chocolate before you close the door of the oven.
Glimpse of things to come. Let the sun shine in!
South facing tilted windows you will find in most if not all earthship homes. Due to optimal sun exposure.
Love this unique use of glass...


So our continuing collection of glass is only a part of what is yet to appear among the pages of my blog entries.
Am I ready well I will soon find out!
Okay I have to say good bye for now as I hear the calling of the crows outside the window I must take the time to see what they might be up to. Stay tuned for more.

PEACE OUT!!! Patty J.

No comments:

Post a Comment