Wednesday 11 February 2015

Still here...planning...

Outdoor projects I am currently dreaming about.



Funky out door oven...
Okay so now that our pets are all settled in for their morning naps I can continue with my thoughts surrounding my new gardening ideas.
When we first arrived in the West Kootenays we just spent time settling into our first home and first time experience of renting and living in mobile home. The yard was small with no garden area so we settled for playing with some garden structures instead.
After our move to the land I began seeking out information from some of the locals for any and all gardening tips linked with growing with success in the sandy soil surrounding us. So last summer was a testing ground for me, with some wee amounts of growth with a small amount of yield...it was only for fun and what fun I had.
Since our white stuff has melted I have discovered pockets of black earth at the base of any of the larger rock formations as well in the forested areas remaining. It is truly the richest decomposed matter I have ever seen. So of course my planning for our first spring living in our new space involves more fun with gardening and construction of wattle screens and hopefully an all earth oven.
Now that we have started our new connections with this wee bit of paradise on the mountain we find ourselves becoming ready to progress with our plans to start the construction of our new life together. Starting with baby steps...small funky garden with all sorts of funky accents and an outdoor space where we can welcome all of our guests during this coming year.
An all earth oven has been a dream of mine for some time now ironically I have met someone who gets excited about such projects as this as well. So onwards and upwards we go.
Of course the direction is also aimed towards the start of our Earthship which will also begin this year, which of course is a whole different story that I will begin documentation on once we are in the midst of it all. But in the meantime I wish to warm up with all of the creative fun in my garden.
It is my hope to see you here visiting me during this our exciting time.

PEACE OUT Patty J.
Garden planning...of course the plants are amazing, but so is the wattle accents.
 


Our attempt at making a wattle screen, first stages...
 

This is the base of a woven dogwood basket. Looks good with the wattle structure we started.

1 comment: