Tuesday 20 January 2015

Out of your mind!

Part 1...

If anyone told me five years ago  I would be living the life I am living  right now I am confident I would have said "You are out of your mind". I have a home I can call my own, I am working and I feel blessed living in Alberta. Of course this was when I still lived in the province of Alberta, where I lived most of my life.
But here I am living on 12 acres of land, 2 dogs, 2 cats. New home, new province and new way of life. Often feeling as though I am living in a dream.
As I begin writing again today I find myself wanting to share with you some of our daily events, observations, that may amuse or not.
Topic for the day. The travel trailer experience of a nightly visit to the bathroom. After a short period of time squirming around under the covers trying to ignore the fact that I have to use the lue I begin my heroic journey. First of all did I mention how dark it gets up here at night, definitely due to the non-existent street light outside (yeah). Carrying on, I sit up in bed, bare toes peeking out first heading towards the floor to make direct contact with my chosen slippers, my purple crocks. Okay now after many of these trips I have finally become accustomed to this route in the dark. especially now that I have mastered getting out of our bed that has side walls within very close proximity to my legs. Success I made it...light is on, easing my way in...closing the door... fill the bowl with re-cycled dish water from the supper dishes...done. Time to head back under the covers to the  promise of warmth. Just a simple reality of living in a holiday trailer in the middle of winter.
It has been already six months since our relocation here. I have a home I once again can call my own, I am working daily with a partner beside me and I am blessed. It dawns on me while I end todays tale that time is a precious gift. It has been with time I can joke about this bathroom experience and realize how lucky I am to be here right now just exactly where I am supposed to be. Not feeling at all out of my mind.

Part 2 arriving soon!

PEACE OUT! Patty J.


No comments:

Post a Comment