Friday 23 January 2015

Rag Rugs!

Love rag weaving. So I thought I would share some pictures. Along with my discovery of  my peaceful place.
My dive into the world of rag weaving started some years back as an entry in my mind that I had always been intrigued by. Last winter about mid January I began to feel closed in by the Kootenay grey days. Instead of becoming too grey myself I started my "You Tube" search on any rag weaving videos I could find."You Tube" has never disappointed as I discovered a huge variety of how to vids on the subject of recycling material into a rag rugs. I found it very helpful to view more then one, I picked my favorites and combined with trial and error I found my way. Kurt my inventive guy studied a loom design and within several hours I was making my first rug.
Since last winter I have accomplished the construction of two rugs and am starting on more. I have met a woman that loves to sew and she very generously donated a whack of material left over from her sewing business. Yeah now my material search is over for now and I can get to work on perfecting this craft. I have discovered that this is  such an excellent way to occupy my time until the Earthship construction begins this spring.
Thanks to the creative artisans out there who shared all your knowledge. You kept me sane, definitely a winter craft to try. I feel blessed to have found this peaceful place where I can go and meditate while I weave the fabric back and forth.
 
Happy crafting!!!
 
PEACE OUT!!! Patty J.

This is my first rug.

Second rug which I did in a larger size.

Almost finished.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment